This month, we’ve selected Mark and Tania Swartz, owners of Cannon Ball Brewing Company, as our King Park Residents of the Month. Read more below to learn about their love for King Park and their involvement in the community
1. Which neighborhood do you live in and how long have you lived there?
We’ve lived in Herron Morton for 15.5 years.
2. Why did you choose your location for Cannon Ball Brewing Company?
- We knew King Park Development Corp was moving in next door.
- Upon meeting the folks at Reveal Properties, we knew we wanted to work with them.
- Learning the history of the building was the final stamp of approval.
3. What makes King Park home?
King Park feels like home because of the sense of community and the neighbors.
4. What are some of your favorite attractions in King Park?
Some of our favorite attractions in King Park are the Landmark for Peace sculpture at Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park, the MLK Park, and the Monon Trail.
5. What is your favorite place to eat in King Park?
Aside from Cannon Ball, the Kountry Kitchen is our favorite place to eat.
6. Anything you want the community to know about Cannon Ball?
We are hosting a fundraiser for the historical marker that will be placed at Cannon Ball Baker’s home on April 22.
Our current hours of operation are:
- Wed – Thurs 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Fri: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sat: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sun: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Hours are subject to change with the upcoming warmer weather. Also, keep an eye out for our outdoor patio seating!
Check out their website to see their menu and beer list.
Don’t forget to nominate residents for upcoming months! Know someone special in King Park that you’d like to nominate? Let us know!