1. You must live in a participating area:King Park Boundaries (N: Fall Creek/30th St., S: I-65, E: Monon Trail, W: Meridian St.)
2015 Target Area Boundaries (N: 25th St., S: 16th St., E: Andrew J. Brown Ave., W: College Ave.)
2. You must own your home, and it must be your primary residence (no land sales contract)
3. Your property taxes must be paid current
4. Your household income cannot exceed the 80% area median income guidelines for Marion County, which are posted by the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Each application is treated on a case by case basis. Depending the nature and extent of repairs needed, repairs will begin, on average, within 90 days from approval.
1. King Park Staff
2. Construction Manager
3. Construction Company
4. City Inspector
5. Other partners, if applicable
A construction manager is the liaison for King Park that is responsible for overseeing the completion of construction and the other entities involved. S/he will perform a home assessment to determine the health, safety, structural stability, energy efficiency, and accessibility of your home. The program is NOT designed to address cosmetic repairs.
Priority is given to health and safety items, energy conservation, and structural preservation. However, the following is a list of eligible home improvements your home might need:
Accessibility Modifications Doors Electrical
Foundation Repairs Gutters HVAC
Paint Plumbing Roof
Siding Windows And More!
Additions Detached garages Fencing Landscaping
King Park has a list of pre-approved contractors who bid on housing repair jobs. All contractors that we work with are City/State licensed and insured. All work done to the home through our programs comes with a one year warranty on materials and labor.
Based on available funding, applicants will be offered a loan option. Repair loans are offered at a zero percent (0%) interest rate with no monthly payments. The term of the loan is completely determined by the funding organization and cannot be altered by King Park.
Please contact King Park Development Corporation for any additional information.