We’d like to announce our newest Resident of the Month, Deborah Gray! Learn more about Deborah and her contributions to King Park below.
1. Which neighborhood do you live in?
2. What makes King Park home?
The family and friends that surround me in my neighborhood. I know all of my surrounding neighbors, and that makes for a close-knit community.
3. Why did you originally decide to move to your neighborhood?
I currently live in my family home, which we have lived in for over 70 years.
4. What are some of your favorite attractions in King Park?
The Monon Trail and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Park
5. What is your favorite place to eat in King Park?
6. Please tell us a little bit about your involvement with neighborhood activities/groups?
Currently, I’m the treasurer for the Reagan Park Community Action Group. I also assist Pastor Willie Sparks, President of the Reagan Park Community Action Group, with a number of community events and our monthly block meetings.
7. Anything else you’d like us to know?
I love the changes that I see within the neighborhood. I’ve watched the neighborhood grow from being in extreme economic plight to becoming one of the city’s upcoming neighborhoods. It brings me joy to be a part of the process to change my neighborhood for the better.
Thanks for your contributions to King Park, Deborah!
Don’t forget to nominate residents for upcoming months! Know someone special in King Park that you’d like to nominate? Let us know!