As a non-profit community development corporation, King Park is committed to improving housing, economic development, and the quality of life in the neighborhoods of King Park. In 2017, King Park’s affordable housing programs made a significant impact. Here are some of the highlights:
- King Park spent nearly $1.7 million on developing affordable housing in 2017.
- King Park invested more than $1 million in affordable housing in 2017.
- King Park fully rehabbed 6 vacant houses in 2017.
- King Park secured nearly $600,000 in grants to develop affordable housing in our neighborhoods.
- King Park along with our partners, assisted 11 new families to achieve homeownership.
- King Park awarded more than $110,000 in down payment assistance to new homeowners in 2017.
- In 2017, 82% of King Park’s homebuyers were female.
- In 2017, King Park partnered with Habitat for Humanity to help four long-term residents stay in their homes by completing needed repairs.
- In 2017, 78% of King Park’s homebuyers were minorities.
- King Park’s homebuyers averaged more than $20,000 in equity at closing in 2017.
- King Park partnered with Habitat for Humanity to invest more than $39,000 owner-occupied home repairs in 2017.
“2017 was an impressive year for King Park’s affordable housing programs,” says Steven Meyer, Executive Director of King Park. “Our efforts build neighborhoods, assist current residents, and create new opportunities for homeownership.”
Check out the micrographic with all of the results below.
[dt_sc_button link=”https://www.kingpark.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/King-Park-Micrographic-Housing.pdf” size=”medium” bgcolor=”#154478″ variation=”green” textcolor=”#ffffff” target=”_new”]Download PDF[/dt_sc_button]